Hello everyone! 👋
Skyblock will be changes to Gens for this season. In this article, we are going to share a little bit about why we are making this shift, and what MineGlobe Gens will look like.
Gens will release this Saturday, July 8th, at 03:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time)
🎉 All new, all custom, Gens Season III
We've completely changed what Skyblock was for this season, and revamped every aspect of the server. From rank benefits and updated messages to all new mechanics and dozens of bug fixes, we are making Skyblock a truly enjoyable experience for all. We truly hope that all our players will enjoy this season as we have put so much effort into getting here. This article will focus on what Gens will look like; however, there will be more articles detailing how to play the gamemode, and all the little changes that have been made!
Now let's get into the fun!
❓ What is "Gens"?
"Gens" is short for Generators, the most important change with this new gamemode. Generators are special blocks that you can place on your Skyblock island which generate a specific block every time interval, which you can then sell to get money! Generators essentially create upgradable farms, but that's not all!
Generators can be upgraded, which allows you to get more items sooner, so that you can make more money faster!
Not only are we incorporating a generators system, there are all-new Quests and Activities that you can do to gain money and XP to upgrade your generators and reach the top of the leaderboard! Here are some featured activities that we think are the most fun!
- Auto-upgrading fishing rods, that get you more XP and money depending on the rod level!
- Custom fish, fish sculptures, and more!
- Special NPCs that help you climb the leaderboards faster!
- Unlock auto-fishing and more when you complete quests and level-up!
- Auto-generating farms at spawn, which provide the only sellable farm items
- You can only farm with hoes that you must purchase!
- Special quests and NPCs that make the experience more enjoyable and engaging! Talk to Bob, Steve, and the Scarecrow!
- You can only access certain farms and quests when you reach a certain level!
- You can find all sorts of fun at the casino! Check out the activities and challenges to do there!
- You can test your skill (or your luck) with Whack a Creeper, Basket Arrows, and the other challenges available!
- Rock Clutching: This feature will be part of a future expansion!
- Casino Heist: This feature will be part of a future expansion!
- Some activities are only available when you reach a certain level!
- Talk to NPCs, discover quests, and complete activities to level up and make money!
- This is where everything happens, so become accustomed to where everything is!
- Check out Jean Paul's Cake Quest and The Casino here!
- All-new crates, with revamped rewards catered to the Gens gamemode.
- Check out the limited-edition Summer Crate!
- You can buy all crate keys (excluding vote) from the tokenshop now!
- Completely updated tokenshop with an all-new style!
- You can now purchase vehicles and genslots on the tokenshop!
- You get a 10% discount when you buy more than 12 crate keys or more than 10 genslots!
- This updated tokenshop will soon come to Earth and Survival!
There's more to love and discover with Gens, so be sure to stay tuned for videos from Headed, tutorials, and more articles about gens!
Our team has worked extremely hard to provide you guys with this update. As such, here's a list of everyone that has worked on this release.
- GeneX - Development-focused changes, new features, and bug fixes!
- Phantom - Content-focused changes, updating features, and bug fixes!
- Aboscuss - Bug fixes!
- Kobi - Bug fixes and setting up the realm!
- BlazingTide - Graphics, general setup, and managing the realm's development!
See you guys on Saturday!